Performs general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. Working under close supervision, assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Assists with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Assists with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and HVAC.
- Inspects new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintains lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Maintains grounds of facility or property performing such tasks as raking, sweeping, leaf blowing or snow removal.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one year of related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
May require valid driver’s license.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
- Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level,
- Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times,
- Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
- Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: